The centuries-old capital Hanoi always offers visitors a wide variety of authentic items that contain the city’s traditional quintessence so that they can buy them as souvenirs or collectibles. Sometimes, too many kinds of products overwhelm the tourists and lead them to a situation that they don’t know which item they should choose and buy. Below are some small suggestions for foreigners who may not currently come up with interesting ideas for shopping in Hanoi.
1. Silk and clothing
What tourists should not miss out on buying when visiting Hanoi is the luscious silk and clothing in Hanoi Old Quarter. Silk is everywhere in hanoi, and they are famous for making the authentic traditional silk that is extremely soft, thin, airy, lightweight different from ordinary silk. There are so many local silk brands in Hanoi, but Van Phuc village stood out from the rest, due to their exceptional way of making the best silk in town. Lots of families in Van Phuc started opening their stores, which has created a town of silk seeing colorful and high-quality products of this kind of texture. Slks are an ideal choice for a fancy and elegant gift from Hanoi.
Van Phuc Village
- Address: Van Phuc street, Ha Dong street
- Price: VND 50,000 – 5,000,000
- Distance from our hotel: 12 km – 1 hour by car
- Address : 538 Thuy Khue Street, Tay Ho District
- Price: varies
- Distance from our hotel: 7.3 km – 25 min by car
- Address: 26 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Ba Dinh District
- Price: varies
- Distance from our hotel: 2.3 km – 13 min by car